Friday, May 20, 2011

From strengh to strengh

Midwifery is alive and well in the USA I can not believe how much I love my job the woman I serve and the profession I represent. Four years ago when I was forced to work in the medical world of L&D which I found horrific. I never thought that in a short four years I would be providing evidence based maternity care to this community, and more amazingly that the community would want it. Here I am working in a collaborative practice who support and encourage a midwifery practice with in it.I can not believe my luck ...to have found two midwife partners who are adored by their clients and respected in the community. Really and truly I can not believe it. I have the honor and the pleasure to work in a practice that talks the talk and walks the walk the real deal as one of my partners put it. our clients are supported to birth the way they want, they can move, use water , eat and drink, and are given time all this in a L &D floor in the USA - truly the home birth experience in the hospital setting the perfect answer so many of our clients. There is certainly strength in numbers spread the word women and their families can own their births !

No comments: