Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So I am sitting and waiting for my official offer from frontier - wondering when I will start and what it will be like to be a student midwife again....... Working as an L&D nurse is becoming harder and harder the way child birth is treated is unbelievable! From my prospective it comes down to a few main factors ego - that of the doctors - time and money.
Spending time as an L&D nurse has changed me and will change the way I practise as a midwife. Before I left the UK I had become disillusioned about midwifery and the part it played in my life I thought I would be able to leave it all behind me and settle as a nurse again - how wrong I was you can never go back.
I dream about practising midwifery again one day be able to help and support women and their families to achieve a birth they want safely calmly with birth being about them and their future helping deepen experiences and forging path in to parent hood.

No comments: